I possess significant technology and business / strategy experience with a proven track record of innovation, leadership, software development and product management. I am a passionate adherent of Agile Software Development and Lean Startup Methodologies with over 14 years experience gathering market requirements, designing, developing and delivering intuitive and effective web applications as well as recruiting and leading development, UX/UI, testing and QA teams. My technical strengths include architecture, data modeling, system design, fault tolerance and performance optimization. I’ve written impactful copy for businesses of all kinds and all sizes.
Last but not least, I help crystalize startup founders’ vision and help them express that vision in practical strategies and intuitive products that deliver solid value.
Competencies spanning nearly every aspect of startups:
- From raising money to exit strategies
- From team building to leadership and a culture of sustainable commitment
- From ideation and market validation through hands-on software development
- From interface design through creating an intuitive user experience
- From engineering leadership to scaling and fault tolerant distributed systems
- From sales and marketing to strategic partnerships
- From business models to strategies and tactics
- IP Services
- Copywriting Services
- Entrepreneur in Residence
- Investment Due Diligence
- Success Strategies for Growing Startups
- Accelerating the globalization of entrepreneurship
I’m curious, passionate and creative. I value clear communication, transparency and I respect those with whom I interact. I like people. I enjoy photography — capturing the beauty around me. I’m a musician — always seeking to express feeling. I am a man of the sea; a sailor. I’ve done a lot of sailboat racing and enjoyed competition at various levels — from low-key races with friends to leading my team at the Melges 24 world championships. I’ve cruised the waters of Western Washington and British Columbia and crossed oceans in my Tartan 37 — paying for my tropical adventures with deep ocean storms and knockdowns on the way back home. I’ve traveled quite a bit and have many more destinations in mind.